Sunday, September 11, 2016

A spiritual seeker

Having started as an anchor in Doordarshan, Kanu Priya has explored acting, script writing filmmaking and theatre presentation. After her widely viewed daily television show “Awakening with Brahma Kumaris” which has had a deep impact on the viewers, she is now coming up with “Karmbhoomi”, a show which focusses on young leadership. In an interaction Kanu Priya talks about her new show, what made her choose anchoring and her spiritual quest.
Tell us about your new TV show “Karmbhoomi”.
“Karmbhoomi” is a youth oriented innovative and socially responsible concept with a vision for 2020. Basically it is to create leaders, who can inspire the youth to follow a path of self-improvement and decision making by the year 2020. The series has six main protagonists who believe in changing the world. Each of them will deal different issues like feminism, body image issues, creating awareness regarding mental health among youngsters, tackling the various problems of old-age, creating recycled products, adverse effects of societal pressure and creating awareness for environmental issues. We will be going to every university, every college with our Karmbhoomi leaders. It is all about how, what and why. What we are going to do is create leaders so that they can inspire others.
What is the message in this show for the youth?
I am not giving them any message. I am telling them to come and join and make them aware that they are good and powerful. They have it in them to bring about change so should not shy away from it.
Tell us about your journey as an anchor and how it has changed over time. Also, why did you move to Aastha TV?
I was very good in talking (laughs), so I became an anchor. I always enjoyed getting information and was able to connect it together and pass on to people. I never wanted to be an anchor; it just happened and even as an anchor I was involved in so many others things. In the early 90s, anchoring was more formal and now it is more informal, because that is the trend. It is just a conversational flow of thoughts.
Aastha was my spiritual journey and it happened at a time when I was going through a major shift in my life. I am very thankful to Aastha Channel for those seven-eight years which was my spiritual break.
You have hosted several spiritual programmes. What made you incline towards them?
Spiritual shows were my education break and they just happened and I enjoyed it because it was giving so much value to y life. I am not just sticking to awakening as I am doing everything which pleases me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my shows on tantra, numerology and astrology as well.
Will you describe yourself as a spiritual seeker?
INSPIRING YOUTH Kanu Priya
Kanu priya inspiring youth
As I told you, it just happened. I was always inquisitive about life, that is why I was good anchor but when spirituality happened I started asking questions about life and that's why I became a seeker. It gave me answer to things which I never knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment